Saturday 3 September 2011

Cafe en Seine II





We went back to Cafe en Seine for lunch again.  I am always amazed by the decor here; it reminds me of the eclectic hodge-podge of antiques in Hearst Castle in San Simeon, California.  It's as if someone had too much money and didn't know what to do with it and they told the decorator, "Oh heck.  Just put it all in.  Make it fit somehow."  Haha anyway I had a fantastic BLT with avocado, and a bowl of spicy squash soup.  The soup had chillies in it so it had a nice bite without being too hot.  My other half ordered the turkey burger and we both got Cokes in these cute little bottles.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful looking lunch at an amazing restaurant! I am looking forward to visiting it myself when we all come out to visit you. Did I tell you Grandpa Jack wants to come with us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 'over the top' decor, lots to look at while eating lunch. Looks Yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delicious! I bet we could make spicy squash soup at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the soup was fantastic. I think they put in a little chili pepper in there, like a jalapeno or something. Hey can you believe it--the leaves are starting to change color here. It's almost time to make Curried Pumpkin Soup. :)

    ReplyDelete